Film and Mind Online: Just Mercy
August 7, 2020, 6:45 - 10:15 PM
Join NCP as we take our Film and Mind series online!
A true story that follows young lawyer Bryan Stevenson and his battle for justice as he defends a man sentenced to death despite evidence proving his innocence.
*Streaming is available on Amazon Prime.
Registration is limited to 25 participants.
Registration will close at 12:00 PM on the day of the event. We cannot take registrations after this time.
6:45 PM - 8:45 PM: Group viewing of the movie with a silent chat. We will join the Zoom meeting and press "play" simultaneously to watch the movie together. Please purchase the movie before joining the meeting. (Viewing with the group is optional. You can purchase and watch prior to this and still participate in the discussion.) No credit
8:45 PM - 10:15 PM: Group discussion facilitated by Thomas Brod, MD, and Apurva Shah, MD. We will hear from our discussants and explore the film together. No credit
Target audience: Mental health professionals and open to the public interested in psychoanalytic perspectives. Open to members and the community.
Level: Every level.
$7 without Credit
This is an online event. What you need to know:
- Registration is limited to 25 people.
- There is no credit available for this event.
- Register below and you will get an email with the Zoom link. We will resend the link at 3:00 PM on the day of the event
- You can join other attendees to watch the film "together" (in your own home) at 6:45 pm and even silently comment in the Zoom Meeting “chat” function, or watch it on your own beforehand.
- The official discussion will start at 8:45 pm in the Zoom Meeting room.
- We cannot provide technical support for the viewing of the movie, but will be in the Zoom meeting to help facilitate the discussion.
Where to get the movie: