RESEARCH EDUCATION RESOURCES
The Research Education Section of the American Psychoanalytic Association, Department of Psychoanalytic Education (APsaA-DPE) in collaboration with the Research Committee of the New Center for Psychoanalysis (NCP)
Linda S. Goodman, Ph.D. and Morris N. Eagle, Ph.D., Co-chairs
This set of Research Education Resources serves to provide materials for stimulating interest in topics and research relevant to psychoanalytic education. Our goal is that materials made available here will stimulate critical thinking and will help ground psychoanalytic training in a framework that integrates psychoanalytic knowledge with relevant findings from other disciplines.
On the onset, the resources available in this section of NCP's website will permanently house the following:
1. VIMEO Links to videos of APsaA-DPE Research Education Dialogue
2018 – Critical Thinking and Research in Psychoanalytic Education
Presenters: Ellen Rees, M.D. & Otto F. Kernberg, M.D.
Discussant: Andrew J. Gerber, M.D., Ph.D.
Click here to view https://vimeo.com/343120172
2019 – Another Look at Therapeutic Action and Implications for Psychoanalytic Training and Education
Presenters: John Clarkin, Ph.D. & Leon Hoffman, M.D.
Discussant: John H. Porcerelli, Ph.D.
Click here to view https://vimeo.com/342846068
2. Links to Additional Resources
- APsaA’s CORE Bibliography - https://bit.ly/2MI8Gg5
- Link to IPA Open Door Review of outcome and process studies in psychoanalysis
- Rapaport-Klein Study Group http://www.psychomedia.
A rich archive of programs from 1963 by leaders in the field who shared an interest in studying theoretical and clinical aspects of psychoanalysis and psychology, especially from a research point of view
- Peter Lilliengren’s compilation of RCT’s involving psychodynamic treatment or interventions https://bit.ly/37LHkwq
3. Course Curriculum Resources
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy: Empirical Research and Evidence for Its Efficacy (Pretsky)
- Research and Critical Thinking in Psychoanalysis (Pretsky)
4. Additional Sections Under Development
- An archive of papers discussing research education or pedagogy
- Archived materials from other sources - e.g. the Psychodynamic Psychoanalytic Research Society offerings held at APsaA meetings
This project is a developing one. Sections will be elaborated, modified, and updated as new materials become available. We invite institute and university faculty and candidates to suggest articles and other material that they believe should be added to our Web presence.
Questions and suggestions may be sent to:
Linda Goodman, Ph.D.
Morris Eagle, Ph.D.