Pillars of Mindful Parenting: Level 1 Foundation Training
June 14 - June 15, 2018
This two-day intensive Level 1 Training is designed for specialists in infant mental health, childhood, and parenting. Participants learn about a new approach to early intervention with parents based on a theoretical model of cognitive and emotional development emphasizing reflective functioning, or parental mentalization. The training provides participants with a base of knowledge, a new way to work with the central issues in parent-child relationships, and a step-by-step method that can be utilized to help parents think about their children in a more reflective way. Level 1 Training is a pre-requisite for Level 2 co-facilitation of a 12-week Reflective Parenting Workshop. Completion of Level 2 Training is required to conduct RPP parent groups.
As a result of attending this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the concept of Reflective Functioning (RF), and its relationship to enhancing secure attachment and preventing negative parental behavior.
- Describe the core component, ‘Mindful Observation,’ and the utility of an observational stance in clinical work with families with young children.
- Distinguish high and low RF and the relationship of RF to attachment styles and parenting behavior.
- Research demonstrates that parental RF serves as a protective factor. Describe two ways.
- Demonstrate clinical understanding of core components ‘Flexible Responsiveness (Facilitation)’ and ‘Reflection,’ and how they serve to promote parental RF.
- Describe reflective and non-reflective states of mind.
- Distinguish major attachment styles or states of mind at work in parent-child relationships.
- Apply a working understanding of parental Reflective Functioning, attachment styles / states of mind, and the three core components to clinical cases.
Presenter: Diane Reynolds
Thursday & Friday, June 14 & 15, 2018, 830 AM – 430 PM – 14 CE Credits [No CME Credit]
For questions, please contact: email@example.com
or (323) 275-4805
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE INFORMATION FOR ALL LEARNERS: None of the planners and presenters of these CME/CE programs have any relevant financial relationships to disclose.
PSYCHOLOGISTS: The New Center for Psychoanalysis is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. New Center for Psychoanalysis maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Full attendance is required for psychologists to receive credit; partial credit may not be awarded based on APA guidelines. For the psychologists’ records, certificates of attendance are provided at the completion of the course.
SOCIAL WORKERS, MARRIAGE and FAMILY THERAPISTS (LCSW, LMFT, ASW, IMF, LEP, LPCC, PCCI)
The New Center for Psychoanalysis is a continuing education provider that has been approved by the American Psychological Association, a California Board of Behavioral Sciences recognized approval agency.
REGISTERED NURSES: The New Center for Psychoanalysis is an accredited provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider #CEP1112). Registered Nurses may claim only the actual number of hours spent in the educational activity for credit.
|CE/CME||June 14, 2018, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM|
|Day Two||June 15, 2018, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM|