Heinz Weiss Preparatory Two-Part Study Group
October 26 - October 28, 2021
Registration for this event will register you for both study groups (10/26 and 10/28).
This meeting will take place online via Zoom. Once you register, you will receive an email with the link and more information.
NCP and PCC invites you to the Heinz Weiss Preparatory Two-Part Study Group
This two-part program is a study group for psychotherapy practitioners who wish to deepen their understanding of the work of Heinz Weiss on trauma, guilt and reparation.
The first part, on Tuesday, October 26, will focus on The Claustro-Agoraphobic Dilemma. The second part, on Thursday, October 28, will focus on guilt and the repair of the archaic superego.
The learning method will be short didactic lectures followed by a presentation of conceptual and clinical material within the context of a group discussion.
Presenters are faculty psychoanalysts who have studied the work of Heinz Weiss and integrated (each individually) his work into their own method of processing unconscious communication.
As a result of attending this session, participants should be able to:
- Explain the dynamics that underlie the claustro-agoraphobic behavior in relation to trauma
- Describe the process by which concrete thinking can transmute and conceal the terrors (affect and cognitions) of intimacy
- Differentiate the claustro-agoraphobic conflict from narcissistic retreat
- Recount the counter-transference strain within the analyst-therapist managing the repeated assaults on thinking by these traumatized patients
- Please note:
- MDs: Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
- All other learners: You must attend the CE program in its entirety (both days) in order to receive credit
This event is free of charge
Registration for this event will register you for both study groups (10/26 and 10/28)
The Zoom link will be the same for both study groups
"How do I get my CE/CME Credit?"
- Pre-Register below
- If you are registering for the first time you will receive a welcome email. You must follow the directions in this email to complete your registration in order to access your certificates.
- Sign in and sign out during the event (by typing your full name into the chat). This is how we record your attendance at the event.
- Wait 2 business days
- Download your Certificate on the NCP website
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE INFORMATION FOR ALL LEARNERS: None of the planners and presenters for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s)* to disclose with ineligible companies* whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
*Financial relationships are relevant if the educational content an individual can control is related to the business lines or products of the ineligible company.
-Updated July 2021-
PHYSICIANS: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of American Psychoanalytic Association and The New Center for Psychoanalysis. The American Psychoanalytic Association is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.”
The American Psychoanalytic Association designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
PSYCHOLOGISTS: The New Center for Psychoanalysis is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The New Center for Psychoanalysis maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Psychologist must report CE credits directly to MCEP using this document to verify attendance. Please note that a Psychologist must attend the CE program in its entirety in order to receive credit.
SOCIAL WORKERS, MARRIAGE and FAMILY THERAPISTS (LCSW, LMFT, ASW, IMF, LEP, LPCC, PCCI): The New Center for Psychoanalysis is a continuing education provider that has been approved by the American Psychological Association, a California Board of Behavioral Sciences recognized approval agency.
Be sure to register for:
The Claustro-Agoraphobic Dilemma: Between Intimacy and Separation in Interpersonal Relationships, with Heinz Weiss
on November 6th
|Heinz Weiss Preparatory Two-Part Study Group||October 26, 2021, 7:30 - 9:00 PM|
|Heinz Weiss Preparatory Two-Part Study Group||October 28, 2021, 7:30 - 9:00 PM|