Employment Opportunity: Executive Director
Our Mission: NCP is dedicated to deepening the understanding of being human through the theory and practice of psychoanalysis–through education, training and research; collaboration and service; advocacy; and inclusion.
Our Vision: Emotional health transforming lives and creating communities where everyone can belong, grow and thrive.
New Center for Psychoanalysis (NCP) is a nonprofit organization internationally recognized for education in psychoanalysis and psychoanalytic psychotherapy with over 200 members. We provide a variety of postgraduate programs to train licensed mental health professionals in the theory and practice of psychoanalysis. We offer a wide range of continuing education programs and special events to the mental health and academic communities.
The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for the overall management of NCP and its programs that align with the mission and vision. The ED responsibilities include the planning, execution, and management of all administrative and operational aspects of NCP and staff. The ED reports to and collaborates with the Board of Directors, in developing programs and policies to assure the continuation of NCP’s growth. The ED must be able to work collegially and effectively with NCP leadership, faculty and students.
- Position is full-time with some evening meetings
- Excellent benefits
- Work is on-site in a newly renovated building (subject to operative COVID restrictions)
- Starting salary $100k-$120k commensurate with experience
Duties and Responsibilities of the Executive Director
Leadership and Vision
- Provides guidance to the President and Dean furtherance of the center’s vision and mission
- Works with the leadership to address strategic planning, goals, budgets, staffing, and NCP’s activities and collaborations
- Assists Program Chairs in establishing and tracking annual action plans and budgets
- Coordinates with NCP’s leadership in growing revenue streams through membership, programs, and fundraising activities
- Possesses a command of accounting principles and experience working with financial statements
- Works with the Finance Committee in preparing and overseeing NCP’s budgets and overall financial functioning
- Collaborates with the Treasurer in preparation of quarterly financial reports and analysis
- Manages NCP’s expenditures in keeping with the directions of the Board, and evaluates vendor contracts and services
Staff Supervision and Development
- Supervises and mentors NCP staff
- Advises leadership on appropriate staffing needs
- Works with NCP leadership and accreditation agencies to fulfill requirements for accreditation review
- Assists the Board in adhering to policies, programs and initiatives
- Maintains relationships with other psychoanalytic organizations and community partners
- Stays informed and abreast of industry standards and trends
- Bachelor's degree required. Graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience in nonprofit administration such as public health, education, or mission-driven organizations
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office Suite, database management, Survey Monkey, Zoom, Constant Contact, A/V systems and cloud-based file-sharing technology
- Proficiency with Publisher and Photoshop and an eye for design and branding strongly preferred. Experience with marketing, communications, and financial management preferred
- Competency in HR issues and business practices (insurance, tax and regulatory requirements) preferred
- Experience managing website content is desirable
- Excellent organization and management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic problem-solving skills; consensus builder
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Flexible, organized, and adaptable; able to multi-task priorities based on the needs of the organization and can adjust key priorities in response to changing dynamics
- Must possess good judgment and discretion on highly confidential matters
- Passionate and committed to making a difference in a nonprofit setting
How to Apply
- Please send a cover letter and resume to:
NCP does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status.
NCP requires faculty, staff, and students to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption.