Employment Opportunity: Evening and Weekend Program Coordinator & Audio Visual Technician
West Los Angeles (Sawtelle), CA
Part-time Hourly Employment: $20-$22 per hour
The Evening and Weekend Program Coordinator & Audio Visual Technician is responsible for supporting in-person and virtual (hybrid) events and the NCP community's technical needs. This position requires skills for working with the public. This position directly supports the Executive Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
- Manage on-site events during evenings and weekends, including but not limited to: operating NCP’s AV system for in-person and virtual (hybrid) events; managing the physical space; and security, including guest check-in and COVID policy compliance
- Maintain the event calendar, special event/class pages, guest member information, website postings, registrations, and relevant data
- Website management of programs and events, ensuring accurate information to build registration pages, creating clear instructions for automated messaging, recording attendance, creating evaluations, and answering community emails
- Help market all NCP offerings through various channels—the website, mailing lists, and social media
- Support the Executive Director and NCP committees
*This job description is representative of the primary position requirements and is not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Proficiency with Windows & OSX and internet-based applications, including but not limited to: Zoom (including management of breakout rooms, Q&A, document share, and chat features), Google Drive, Microsoft Office suite including PowerPoint, Adobe suite (Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, PDF editing)
- Familiarity with A/V systems (microphones, cameras, mixers, etc.) and their interaction with Zoom/Skype
- Calm, patient demeanor, and strong written/oral communication skills with an understanding of when to use discretion
- Organizational and problem-solving skills, and ability to execute tasks promptly while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively and comfortable working solo during nights and weekends
- Experience with event planning or logistics/operations is an advantage
- Skills in managing social media campaigns would be a plus
- An interest in the mental health field is a plus
Education and Experience Required
- Two or more years of experience in technical support and customer service
Must be able to perform the following, with/without reasonable accommodations:
- Work evenings and weekends
- Work for extended periods at a computer workstation
- Occasionally lift up to 30 pounds
- Starting pay range for approx. 24 hours per week is $20- $22 per hour.
- Starting pay rate will be commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
- Please send a cover letter and resume to NCP Executive Director
NCP does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status.
NCP requires faculty, staff, and students to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption.