Take your education — and your practice — to the next level
The New Center makes the theory of psychoanalysis relevant. We don't adhere to any single theory as the key to psychoanalytic understanding; instead, we recognize the potential benefits of integrating the various schools of psychoanalytic thought. Through their studies, our students gain greater self-understanding, greater fulfillment in their careers and more enrichment in their personal lives.
The Center does the following:
- Provides a forum for stimulating and supportive affiliations within a collegial community of diverse, highly trained professionals
- Trains qualified applicants in the theory and practice of psychoanalysis
- Educates clinicians about the theory of psychoanalytic psychotherapy
- Supports psychoanalytic research and scholarship
- Cooperates with community organizations to promote mental health awareness and education
- Promotes the application of psychoanalytic insights to mental health care and academia
- Offers a low-fee psychoanalytic clinic
The Center is known for its superior ability to produce skilled practitioners of psychoanalysis, academicians in psychoanalytic research and contributors to the corpus of psychoanalytic knowledge.